Home of www.industrialartlab.com

Please take a look around.

Thursday, September 24, 2009

A Little Reassurance.

My friend Bob came to me one day with a problem. He, as many Philadelphians can relate to, wanted a secure place to lock his bikes at home. With no room inside, he needed to resort to locking his two bikes outside. Oh, what luxury space can be.

I suggested the obvious...bike racks of course. Bob, however did not want to lock them on the street in front of his house. Rather, he wanted to lock them in the somewhat wide breezeway leading to his back yard. This way they could be safe, AND out of the elements. Good idea.

With little room to spare, I came up with a hitching post style bike rack for each bike. I wanted to keep them simple and to the point, while giving them a bit of style. Take a look.







These racks turned out well. They are simple and to the point, yet kind of elegant. I like 'em! What do you think?
EA-

1 comment:

  1. i think they're awesome. mark and i are in a similar situation....hmm. i'll hit you up sometime. we were talking about a bike rack in front of the house too. i'll let you know. hope you're well e-rock.

    ReplyDelete