Home of www.industrialartlab.com

Please take a look around.

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Taking the Leap


Jan. 2, 2008. While on my winter vacation of sorts...after several days of thought about my current situation, I decided to take the leap. Finally go out on my own and see what happens. It was time to do the unthinkable and QUIT MY JOB! I set up a meeting with my boss the following day. We spoke, discussed my decision, came to a somewhat amicable agreement and I gave him a very fair 6 weeks to sort things out.


I can't tell you how good that felt. Not the quiting part, or the leaving my job part, but the not knowing what's about to happen next part. I felt like a fresh new person on an adventure. Immediately, I began to think about what to do next. I started to sketch ideas, take inventory and write down plans for the coming year. I was excited!!! Didn't quite know how I was going to make money exactly, but that didn't matter. I just had to stay positive and put the word out there.

OK, so now I'm ready. Ready for the real world. I've got some savings and all the tools I need to be creative. Time to turn my then sparse freelance into a full-time gig. I've got my art studio space for computer, drawing, painting and design. I also have my shop space for making loud noise, bad smells, fire and brimstone. I've got the know how and varied experience. Now all I needed was some work...

No comments:

Post a Comment